Best Practices In Vendor Management
Have this course taught at your site!
Your price is $650
CAUCUS members pay only $500
Multi-registration discounts are available.
Find out your level of discount.
Call us now for a live voice!
You can also register by
calling us Monday–Friday between 8:30 am
and 5:00 pm ET
Fax us anytime at
407.740.0368 using our
Fax Registration Form.
“Many authors and experts note that CIOs who are grappling with an increasingly complex marketplace are finding relief—and better relationships with vendors by forming VMOs.”
Vendor relationship management has become an important competency. Procurement organizations are recognizing the need to transition from buyers to relationship strategist.
One size does not fit all. Cultures are different. Staffing is different. Markets are different. Cost structures are different. Some companies are international. Others are domestic. Private settings and public settings differ. Yet, while there are apparent differences, there are some basic processes and disciplines that can be adapted and deployed by all.
Learn Best Practices and Trends
In this one day Caucus Local Meeting we will discuss best-practices and trends in vendor management, including
- What is some of the research saying?
- How should vendor management be approached?
- What is a Vendor Management Office and when would one make sense?
- Vendor alliances are trends, but the success rate has been less than stellar. Why is that?
- Staff competencies and skills are changing along with commensurate approaches to career-pathing.
The afternoon will include an interactive hands-on vendor management workshop based upon seven keys of implementation—including sponsorship, contract management, vendor score carding, and vendor segmentation.
Takeaways will include a sampling of templates, documents, and forms which can become a part of your document library. Caucus members also have an extensive document library available to them at the Caucus website.
|CTPE||ICN courses qualify for CTPE credits. Caucus awards up to 12.5 continuing education hours to attendees of this workshop toward their Certified Technology Procurement Executive certification.|
|C.P.M.||Those successfully completing this workshop can receive up to 12.5 C.P.M. points. ISM’s consent to award points is not an endorsement of this program or its contents.|
|C.L.E.||Those successfully completing this workshop can receive up to 13.5 C.L.E. units.|
3. Vendor management is driven by goals and strategy
4. Leading companies are focusing on key supplier relationships
5. Some of our challenges
7. Financial Management
8. Managing Risks
9. Tightened Governances
10. Identify strategic vendors
11. Vendor Measurements and scorecards
12. Vendor Management Office
13. VMO Approaches
14. Organization and structure
15. Vendor Management Internal Measurements
16. Value Initiatives
17. Branding and Communication
18. Summary Thoughts