Legacy Software Maintenance
Save your Seat!
Your price is $1,495
CAUCUS members pay only $1,395
Multi-registration discounts are available.
Find out your level of discount.
Call us now for a live voice!
You can also register by
calling us Monday–Friday between 8:30 am
and 5:00 pm ET
Fax us anytime at
407.740.0368 using our
Fax Registration Form.
- Improve your negotiation leverage
- Understand your software maintenance options
- Attain meaningful data from maintenance providers
- Evaluate risk and develop mitigation strategies
- Gain internal alignment
- Develop long-term and short-term goals
- Better manage the contract and relationship
- Stop renewing without first evaluating your needs and options
This class focuses on developing alternatives and strategies for your legacy software maintenance agreements. Whether your total software maintenance spend is in the millions or hundreds of millions of dollars annually, it’s never too late to improve vendor performance, lower your software maintenance bill, consider your alternatives, and break the cycle of despair. This class provides you with the tools and information necessary to improve your position and better navigate through the Legacy Software Maintenance Process.
- Software license agreement with maintenance services exhibit
- SaaS agreement with support services and service level agreements exhibits
- Issues list for 37 common software maintenance agreement provisions
- Gap analysis and root cause analysis white paper
- Software maintenance checklist with more than 55 potential pitfalls to avoid
- Process checklist for the legacy software maintenance process
- Contracting Philosophies for Negotiating Software Maintenance Agreements
- Strategies to Maximize Negotiation Leverage When Dealing with Legacy Software Maintenance Situations
- Sample RACI Chart for Software Maintenance Situations
Why Legacy Software Maintenance workshop?
Many organizations are locked into a cycle of despair with their legacy software maintenance agreements. At the end of the term, the agreement is automatically renewed, often at a higher price. Although there is some internal grumbling, if the money has been budgeted, the renewal becomes a formality: you pay the single-line invoice that reads, “Standard software maintenance…$X00,000.” However, you do have options!
|CTPE||ICN courses qualify for CTPE credits. Caucus awards up to 12.5 continuing education hours to attendees of this workshop toward their Certified Technology Procurement Executive certification.|
|C.P.M.||Those successfully completing this workshop can receive up to 12.5 C.P.M. points. ISM’s consent to award points is not an endorsement of this program or its contents.|
|C.L.E.||Those successfully completing this workshop can receive up to 13.5 C.L.E. units.|
What Is Software Maintenance (SMX)?
SMX Solution Overview
The Legacy Software Maintenance Process
The Main Ten of Maintenance
Ten things to remember, including