RFP Lab: Forms • Training • Templates
Save your Seat!
September 12-13, 2017
707 E. Butterfield Rd
Hotel: 630 969 7500
$132 Single or Double Occupancy
Your price is $1,495
CAUCUS members pay only $1,395
Multi-registration discounts are available.
Find out your level of discount.
Call us now for a live voice!
You can also register by
calling us Monday–Friday between 8:30 am
and 5:00 pm ET
Fax us anytime at
407.740.0368 using our
Fax Registration Form.
- Establish vendor competition
- Convert vendor “sales talk” into enforceable contractual commitments
- Codify all requirements in a single document
- Align objectives and evaluation criteria
- Stop vendors from bypassing the procurement process
- Obtain multiple solutions to your “problem”
- Gain, improve and retain negotiating power
- Provide a disciplined, repeatable approach to the RFP process
A well-designed RFP will address your needs effectively. It should require that responding vendors propose concrete solutions and be accountable for those solutions.
Your RFP process should determine
- How willing is a vendor to accept contractual commitments?
- Does the vendor have the skills and experience to do the job right, on time and within budget?
- What responsibilities will the vendor have?
- What deliverables can you expect to see? When?
- What happens if the vendor does not deliver as expected?
- What is the best deal?
If the solutions to these issues are left ambiguous, the results are often disastrous. Project delays, cost overruns, wired deals and overall project failure are common outcomes from using an informal approach. Unfortunately, many projects fit into this undesirable category.
With the help of a well-crafted RFP, issues that are left for future negotiation with a vendor are minimal.
- How Software is Protected
- Key Licensing Ingredients
- Software Development
- Pricing Models and Strategies
- Avoiding Litigation
- Prioritizing Objectives
- And more
You will receive more than 20 tools and resources, including:
- RFP template
- Potential Vendor Evaluation Matrix
- Potential Vendor Pricing Matrix
- Bidders’ Conference Agenda
- Position Paper
- RFP Checklist
- Request For Information (RFI) Template
- Various form letters to communicate effectively with potential vendors
- Sample Reference Check Questions
|CTPE||ICN courses qualify for CTPE credits. Caucus awards up to 12.5 continuing education hours to attendees of this workshop toward their Certified Technology Procurement Executive certification.|
|C.P.M.||Those successfully completing this workshop can receive up to 12.5 C.P.M. points. ISM’s consent to award points is not an endorsement of this program or its contents.|
|C.L.E.||Those successfully completing this workshop can receive up to 13.5 C.L.E. units.|
Click here for a print friendly course outline
What Differentiates This Workshop?
More than conceptual in nature, this RFP Lab is an advanced workshop featuring specific examples from highly experienced practitioners. It’s designed to give professionals exactly what they want—enough how-to information and hands-on tools to significantly improve their RFPs.
In addition, each professional who attends the workshop will receive information-packed takeaways, including RFP examples, templates, sample documents and checklists.
Return on Investment
Some training programs promise a return on investment but rarely deliver. RFP Lab offers a return on your investment in two distinct ways.
First, the documents you will receive have a value worth multitudes of this workshop investment.
Second, by improving the overall effectiveness of the RFPs you produce, you’ll get additional savings and increased contractual assurances.
The Power of the RFP Leveraging Potential Vendors Early
Best practices—Fourteen essential