Sourcing The Cloud
Save your Seat!
Have this course taught at your site
Your price is $695
CAUCUS members pay only $495
Multi-registration discounts are available.
Find out your level of discount.
Call us now for a live voice!
You can also register by
calling us Monday–Friday between 8:30 am
and 5:00 pm ET
Fax us anytime at
407.740.0368 using our
Fax Registration Form.
In this Sourcing the Cloud seminar we will examine similarities and differences in cloud acquisition strategies. As the clouds continue to grow, it is important to choose cautiously. It is important to be strategic in an environment that has yet to mature. We need to execute tactically, with flexibility.
Several authorities in the industry have suggested that the question is not if a cloud service will be used, but when will it be used. It also has been suggested that many are using cloud services already and may not even realize it.
In this seminar you’ll gain an understanding of some of the elements for acquiring cloud services while building risk mitigation strategies, including:
- Making choices
- Creating a set of sourcing cloud governances
- Adopting a set of cloud sourcing principles
- Sourcing based risks mitigation strategies
- Organizing cloud sourcing teams
- Exploring cloud-specific requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Assessing the cloud provider market
- Gaining alignment with internal stakeholders
- Standardized auditing practices
- Testing and assurance
Who Should Attend?
This seminar is a must-attend learning event for anyone implementing, planning or considering adopting a cloud computing solution, including:
- IT Professionals
- Business Managers
- Procurement and Sourcing Professionals
- Other professionals: Lawyers, Auditors, Risk Managers and Accountants
- Sourcing cloud services
- Building cloud sourcing principles
- Balancing the benefits with the risks
- Mitigating risks through sourcing strategies
- Pricing and costing
- Building RFx
- What skills are evolving
- Exchange thoughts and experiences
- What others are doing
- What some of the experts are saying
- Abbreviated software as a service (SaaS) checklist and template
- Cloud-specific elements to include with RFxs
- Descriptions of cloud servicing teams
- Developing a skilled knowledge base to drive the selection process
- A list of suggested sourcing principles
- Strategies to manage costs
- Risk assessment matrices
- Sample pricing grids
- A list of suggested readings
- Selected Web site references
Why Sourcing the Cloud Workshop
Cloud as a Service has quickly become one of the more strategic initiatives being explored by many in the private and public sectors. The attractive benefit of nimble solutions, while lowering cost, has captured the imagination and attention of top leaders. Yet, while the prospects of adopting cloud services are projected to rise, there is equal concern about the inherent risks of information security and identity protection. There are continual reports about hacker intrusion and loss of information.
Acquiring cloud services needs to be balanced with the best cloud solutions while building an appropriate attention to risk identification and mitigation. Sourcing professionals play an important role by facilitating processes that lead to the best in cloud service choices.
|CTPE||ICN courses qualify for CTPE credits. Caucus awards up to 12.5 continuing education hours to attendees of this workshop toward their Certified Technology Procurement Executive certification.|
|C.P.M.||Those successfully completing this workshop can receive up to 12.5 C.P.M. points. ISM’s consent to award points is not an endorsement of this program or its contents.|
|C.L.E.||Those successfully completing this workshop can receive up to 13.5 C.L.E. units.|
Cloud services have been around, such as
Cloud Services enable convenient, on-demand internet access to a shared pool of resources with minimal effort or provider intervention
What we like about cloud services
Success stories — savings
Providers are ebbing and flowing
Numbers — growing and changing
Mergers and acquisitions
Embracing the future
Cost of cloud services — savings estimates
Why the savings variance
Ease of entry — benefit or not?
Pricing and costing strategies
Gain clarity with cost models
Collaborate with finance, business units, IT and operations
Threats and consequences
Other unexpected consequences
Seek security recovery practices with RFx
General RFx cloud topics